About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Sunday 8 April 2012

Chocolat




Happy Easter everyone! So, what to wear on Easter Sunday; something yellow? Or pastel? Or floaty & Springlike? No no no, it's all about rich, delicious chocolate brown today. J'adore chocolat! 

My Husband bought me this Betsey Johnson chocolate silk dress for my birthday a few years ago & I love it so much I subsequently bought it in a rich blue colour, a crazy multi-coloured Bambi print & a teal/dotty chiffon version (I'm sure all will appear on my Blog over time). This is one of Betsey Johnson's signature styles and is available this season in red/dotty & blue/dotty versions.  I am coveting the red/dotty dress very much! Check out the fantastic, flutter sleeves. Aren't they amazing? 

We bought the dress in the Betsey Johnson store on Floral Street in London and we were spoilt rotten from the moment we walked through the door. While I played dress up in their delicious emporium of loveliness, Dave was treated to complimentary tea & cupcakes. I've never seen him so happy on a shopping expedition! Do visit their store if you can, it is such a unique, special shopping experience. 

Today I've teamed the dress with my Christian Louboutin 'Mad Mary' studded, hidden platform, Mary-Jane shoes. There was a 6 month waiting list to buy these beauties when they came out & I have to say they were worth every impatient second I had to wait! The neutral cream colour means they go with absolutely everything. I perform in them often and at one memorable gig a lady came up to me & asked if she could touch them! I was so taken aback I said yes and stood there awkwardly while she got down on her hands and knees and lovingly stroked them! 

Get The Look:
Shoes: Christian Louboutin 'Mad Mary' studded shoes in cream (similar)
Jewellery: Tiffany charm bracelet, open heart necklace & open heart earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment