About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 23 April 2012

In The Navy













Natalie B Coleman's cool, edgy designs in luscious, organically produced silks with their quirky digital prints and fabulous pleat details, have unsurprisingly been causing a sensation on Irish TV's 'The Voice'. Both Presenter Kathryn Thomas and Singer/Coach Sharon Corr have been looking sensational in her designs, thanks to super Celebrity Stylist, Ingrid Hoey

When I first saw Natalie's collections on her website, a particular dress immediately stood out for me; a simple, silk, navy dress. It was that very rare kind of dress you could wear absolutely anywhere and would be a wardrobe staple for years to come. I wanted this dress so much, to wear to a very special Family gathering in Dublin in May, but I simply couldn't afford it before the big day (oh the glamorous life of a singer!). So you can imagine that I was absolutely astounded & touched when Natalie sent the dress to me, just so that I could wear it on the big day! I can't thank this wonderful, talented lady enough; it was such a lovely thing to do and I will feel like the belle of the ball in Dublin next month!

Of course I couldn't wait three long weeks to wear it, in fact I only managed to wait a day because my Tailor had to shorten it! (I'm short, everything has to be shortened!). I wore it at the weekend, for a night at the theatre and styled it with my favourite Topshop shoe boots & a long forgotten Kenneth Jay Lane necklace I rediscovered in the back of a drawer! 

This gorgeous dress has a bit of an 80s edge with it's bat-wing sleeves; notice the fanatastic accordion pleat detail, it is absolutely inspired! I adore the back to front collar detail, the gorgeous little gold buttons all the way down the back and on the cuffs & you all know how much I love a subtle side pocket. Navy is my new favourite colour; more flattering than black but just as neutral & easy to wear.

I know I will be treating myself to many Natalie B Coleman pieces: I already have a wishlist! There is a playsuit version of my dress that is just too beautiful to believe. There are gorgeous tops, funky skirts, amazing dresses & cool playsuits; every single piece is unique & refreshingly different. I've also had a sneaky peak at a very very special pair of gold trousers from her A/W12 collection that will soon be featured in Vogue; they have my name on them!

Get The Look:
Shoes: Topshop 'Adina' Shoe Boots (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment