About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 2 April 2012

Manley







When I was growing up in Ireland I must admit I didn't pay too much attention to the Irish fashion scene. There wasn't really that much of an Irish fashion scene to be honest. But oh how times have changed! These days we have Irish Fashion Designers like Natalie B Coleman and Emma Manley blazing a trail to be reckoned with in the fashion world!

I discovered Emma Manley's designs very recently, thanks to incredible Dublin based Stylist Ingrid Hoey, and to say that my Manley wish list is now somewhat out of control is an understatement!! I got in touch with Emma on Twitter (oh I love Twitter!!) to find out where I could buy a gorgeous little t-shirt from her A/W11 collection. The top was unfortunately sold out. As per usual I was the last kid on the block and it was almost time for Emma's S/S12 collection to be released. However, I was absolutely blown away when this lovely lady offered to MAKE THE TOP FOR ME!! We discussed colour & I chose grey (it is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated colours ever! It flatters almost everyone... trust me, give it a go!). Emma gave me a choice of three or four different trims; I couldn't choose so I asked her to surprise me.

The top arrived and I absolutely loved it! She made it with 100% merino wool (the original design was simple t-shirt material) which makes it a fantastically trans-seasonal piece and the gold tassel trim is exactly the kind of colour clash that I adore in clothes. This is a completely original, one of a kind top that I will be wearing for years to come and I can't thank Emma enough for it!

It's first outing was for a chilled, laid back evening at the Cinema, followed by drinks. I styled it with my Zara denim shorts (I wear these shorts to death!), Reiss 1971 'Cedar' sandals (the perfect Summer heel) and my Cos clutch in tan. This whole look is very casual and keyed down so I made sure to keep my make up just as simple with complimentary nudes and bronzes. 

Get The Look:
Top: Manley tassel trim top 
Shoes: Reiss 1971 'Cedar' Sandals (similar)



No comments:

Post a Comment