About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 30 April 2012

White Shirt Day










Saturday May 19th is Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF) White Shirt Day 2012. Aussie store Witchery have really embraced this campaign and have a fantastic white shirt collection that includes a specially designed Project D shirt (AUS$149.95); 100% of the gross proceeds from the sale of the white shirt capsule collection will go directly to the OCRF. The collection is now available online and they ship internationally.

I love a man in a Tuxedo and I always fancied the idea of wearing one myself (with a bit of a twist), so I knew exactly how I wanted to wear my white shirt. These Miss Selfridge shorts are so smart & so tailored, they immediately lend themselves to that 'tux with a twist' look. I found the amazing oversized black sequin bow tie in Topshop. It only cost £8 so I bought two of them and cut the dangley bits off one (as worn here) for a more dressed up look & kept the other intact for a more casual, funky look.

Winter Kate have jackets for every occasion and my much worn, much loved, 'James' black silk jacket is perfect for this cool take on the tux. It was a sale buy last year, reduced from almost £300 to an amazing £70! 

I bought the shirt last December. I wanted an actual black tie, dress shirt but was surprised to discover there aren't many around that are specifically made for women. I eventually found this one in Hugo Boss. They had a small but fabulous selection of women's dress shirts. I chose a very simple, classic design & it works perfectly with the outfit.

The gorgeous Chanel bag was a gift a few years ago from my lovely Husband. As I recall, there wasn't even a special occasion, he just bought it for me because it was beautiful, I loved it and he is fabulous! It was such an investment buy, as is anything from the fashion temple that is Chanel! The bag adds a gorgeous splash of colour to the monochrome look and I chose a rich pink lipstick to compliment it.  

So this is what I'll be wearing on May 19th. Will you be donning a white shirt to show your support and help raise awareness for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation? You can follow the campaign on Twitter: @WhiteShirt2012.

Get The Look: 
Boots: Topshop 'Adina' Shoe Boots (similar)
Bag: Chanel 'Cambon' Pouchette in pink/black


No comments:

Post a Comment