About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Sunday 9 September 2012

Gaskell









I am a huge fan of fashion brand Twenty8twelve & have been since its launch in 2007. Each new collection from them is exciting for me because I know I will be buying and wearing most of the collection. I was therefore, a little nervous about their AW12 collection as this would be the brands first outing without Designer sisters Sienna & Savannah Miller at the helm.  

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to a T8T Trunk Show to see a close up preview of the new collection. The venue was the sumptuous Rosanno Feretti Hair Spa in Mayfair; packed full of beautiful people, the champagne & the chat flowed freely and all the while I waited impatiently for the catwalk show to begin. 

Of course I needn't have worried, the collection is absolutely superb. Influenced by London in the 1960s & named 'Faceless Featured Future', it features a dramatic colour palette of pinks, pastels & rich electric blues and greens; there are cute baby doll dresses, Aran style sweaters, narrow trousers, leather, tweed & the most beautifully tailored statement coats. Twenty8twelve by S Miller is now Twenty8twelve London and I love it! 

There are so many stand out pieces in the new collection but an immediate favourite & my very first purchase, was the 70s inspired 'Gaskell' dress. Featuring delicately embroidered flowers in rich, exotic colours, it is a beautiful, simple, easy to wear piece. For it's first outing, I went completely against the bohemian, folky feel of the dress & styled it very smartly with a classic pair of black Louboutins & some delicate silver Tiffany trinkets. 

Get The Look:
Jewellery: All silver jewellery by Tiffany & Co

2 comments:

  1. this dress is amazing! I just love the detailing on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I love it too! The AW12 collection from Twenty8twelve is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete