About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Thursday 1 November 2012

All The Jewellery I Never Got







Natalie B Coleman's incredible SS12 collection, entitled All The Jewellery I Never Got, was allegedly inspired by the fact that no man in her life had ever bought her jewellery. I'm pretty sure this isn't the case anymore as a) she is absolutely gorgeous and b) she recently got married and it's practically the law that Husbands have to buy their Wives pretty baubles! 

Her stunning collection is filled with the most incredible dresses, tops, scarves, skirts, shirts etc; the stand out piece for me has always been this incredible blue asymmetrical dress. A bold, unique, statement piece, it features an intricate pleated shoulder detail, irregular hem (knee length on one side, floor length on the other side) and a hidden zip detail at the back. The beautiful illustrations are all hand drawn, water coloured and digitally printed. I've never seen anything quite like this amazing dress before; I've worn it twice now and each time I have been surrounded by people asking me about it. I feel like a modern day Warrior Princess when I wear it and I love all the attention it gets!

I have styled it here with sky high shoe boots from Topshop and ironically, one of the best pieces of jewellery I have ever been given. My Husband commissioned Simon Pure Jewellers to make the silver, hammered cuff to my exact wrist measurements. It is gorgeous and was such a romantic gift.  I finished the look off with a simple, bright NARS red lip.

Get The Look:
Dress: Natalie B Coleman Asymmetrical Pleated Dress in navy
Shoes: Topshop 'Adina' Platform Shoe Boots (similar)
Cuff: Simon Pure bespoke silver hammered cuff (similar)
Lipstick: NARS 'Heat Wave' Semi Matte Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment