About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 26 November 2012

Dearly Departed










Leafing through a recent issue of Grazia magazine, I came across a picture of a very beautiful dress. It looked vintage, very 70s, but I discovered it was actually a recent design by very cool, London based brand Antipodium. I went online to order one immediately!

The absolutely gorgeous silk chiffon 'Dearly Departed' maxi dress, comes in a flattering Dove grey colour. It has a high neckline, long semi-sheer sleeves, a subtle pleat detail on the waist, a separate short slip dress & features the slightly bonkers, completely original & utterly gorgeous 'Bunny Boiler' print.

The Bunny Boiler print was created exclusively for the Brand's debut pre-Fall 2012 'Found Love in A Graveyard' collection, by artist Karl Maier. It features various vignettes of mischievous, sometimes indecent Bunnies having all kinds of unexpected fun; in one illustration, a bespectacled Bunny lies on a Tombstone watching another Bunny perform a striptease. In another, a Bunny lying on the ground clutching a rose is a nod to Shakespeare's Ophelia and in yet another, two cheeky Bunnies are enjoying one another rather passionately against a Headstone in a Graveyard!

I didn't want anything to compete with such a cool dress so I styled it very simply with minimalist makeup, Topshop shoe boots & delicate silver jewellery.

Get The Look:
Dress: Antipodium 'Dearly Departed' Maxi Dress in Bunny Boiler Print
Shoes: Topshop 'Adina' Platform Shoe Boots (similar)
Jewellery: All silver jewellery by Tiffany & Co.

2 comments:

  1. oh it is really gorgeous and you look amazing! Just want to say that i love your style and also your blog is one of my favs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to say... thank you so much Hollie! xx

    ReplyDelete