About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Thursday 14 March 2013

Black Magic











One of my favourite dresses of all time is the achingly cool Antipodium  'Dearly Departed' maxi dress with it's fantastic Bunny Boiler illustrations by Karl Maier (blogged here). When I discovered that the dress was also available in plain black... well, you know the routine... I simply had to have it! Unfortunately it was way too late in the season and my size was sold out worldwide.

I contacted the lovely people at Antipodium in the vain hope that they might have one lying about; of course they didn't but they very sweetly promised to let me know if they came across one in my size. I didn't expect to hear from them again but bless them, they found the dress for me & I snapped it up quicker than you can say "My name is Fifibaggins and I am a shopaholic"!!


And here it is; the darkly dramatic 'Dearly Departed' maxi dress in black. The dress features a high neckline, long sheer sleeves, a high waistline with subtle pleat detail & a black under slip that sits just above the knees. I love how a sexy glimpse of leg can be seen through the sheer maxi skirt! I styled the dress with a fierce pair of Jeffrey Campbell 'Lita' boots that are very in keeping with the dramatic look of the dress but toned the whole look down with a very delicate, almost there make up.


Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment