About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 26 July 2013

Pop Art









Andy Warhol's iconic work of art '32 Soup Cans' was produced in 1962 and consists of 32 canvases (32 was the number of soup varieties sold by Campbell's at the time), with each painting resting on a shelf as cans would in a supermarket. Warhol's work initially proved to be unpopular; his 'pop art' offended the art worlds sensibilities & to this day continues to be controversial and topical. Personally I love his simplistic serial imagery that single handedly changed the concept of art appreciation.

The Pepe Jeans Andy Warhol collection is steeped in cool, retro pop culture and is the perfect mix of art, music and fashion. The collection features iconic Warhol images such as Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Cars, Lips and of course the Campbell's Soup Cans, arguably his most recognisable image.

The 'Brenda S' dress was a birthday present from my best friend; it is just too fabulous! It features 80s style bat-wing sleeves, a round neckline, an unexpected deep v-back, zip detail to the back and an all over print of the iconic Soup Cans against a light pink background.

I styled the dress with a fabulous pair of silver shoes from Zara, Chanel sunnies & my go-too silver Tiffany trinkets for a cool, retro look.

Get The Look:

2 comments:

  1. oh my god. I am absolutely in love with this outfit. it looks like it could be styled in an ad campaign. the shoes look amazing with the dress!

    need that dress!

    Sophie | fashionslave.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you like Sophie! Both pieces are in the sale now so be sure to check them out! xx

    ReplyDelete