About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 20 September 2013

I Belong To Me











Natalie B Coleman's A/W13 collection, 'I Belong To Me', was inspired when she hosted a smashing party. An actual smashing party! Quite literally that. Her guests came, brought old china, smashed it up and thus the bright, colourful, explosive prints in this cool, elegant and very sexy collection were born.

This printed maxi dress was the first piece that caught my eye when I originally had a sneaky peak at the collection. With it's intricate ruched, draped back, it is a great piece for an evening look with a cool, rock & roll edge. The silhouette is very Natalie B Coleman and has been beautifully reinterpreted this season. The drape detail is so figure flattering; it gives the impression of a tiny waist and billows as you move, giving you a sexy wiggle in your walk. Natalie wants her designs to "make women feel really good" and they do; you couldn't feel anything but fabulous in this silky creation! I feel sexy when I wear it; like a sensual, lithesome snake-like creature!

It's first outing was, rather fittingly, for a romantical date night with my gorgeous Husband and he absolutely loved it! I styled the dress with towering Christian Louboutin heels (he's tall, I'm short, I need the extra height!) and complimented the silvery/blue tones of the digital print with a gorgeous silk, brooch embellished clutch bag from Nadia Minkoff.

Get The Look:
Dress: Natalie B Coleman Digital Print Maxi Dress (similar)
Shoes: Christian Louboutin 'Very Prive' Peep-toe Shoes
Bag: Nadia Minkoff Silk Clutch Bag (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment