About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Meet The Boyfriend








I hate shopping for jeans. I can never find a pair that fits me properly and I always come home empty-handed & utterly disheartened. It's right up there with bra shopping! But, I wanted a pair of boyfriend jeans, so there was nothing for it; I took a deep breath, ate some chocolate for Dutch courage & went jeans shopping! My first stop was my local Donna Ida store.

Donna Ida is the brainchild of self-confessed denim addict Donna Ida Thornton. She opened her first store in Chelsea in 2006 and there are now four fabulous boutiques and an online store. Donna Ida is regarded at THE place to go to get the perfect pair of jeans. And let me tell you, they didn't disappoint! The lovely girls listened closely to what I was looking for and advised that a true 'boyfriend' style would drown someone as little as me. They suggested a relaxed 'skinny' style, in a size larger than I would normally wear. They immediately produced three pairs of jeans that at least looked perfect. So far so good. I tentatively entered the changing room and believe it or not, the very first pair I tried on was absolutely spot on!

'The Roller' jeans by Current/Elliott are everything I was looking for in a boyfriend style; the perfect relaxed (rather than sloppy) fit, a low-rise (I have a short torso so this is vital for me), rolled cuffs & a distressed denim in a great mid-blue colour. The ever so slightly tapered leg works particularly well on my skinny legs and I simply couldn't be happier with them!

For their very first outing, I styled the jeans with my favourite t-shirt; 'Philou' by Parisian brand Maje. Cut for a boxy fit, the tee features rolled short sleeves, a cotton back and a silkscreened Tiger print front. It goes with everything and I will be wearing this cool top until it literally falls off my back. I added simple Jimmy Choo heels & a black skull embossed clutch for an effortless, laid-back look.

Get The Look:
Top: Maje 'Philou' T-shirt (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment