About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Saturday 16 August 2014

Little Black Playsuit









Playsuit, romper, jumpsuit, all-in-one; call them what you will, I simply love them. Last Summer my go-to all-in-one was the 'DJ' lace trim silk playsuit by super-chic French brand Maje (blogged here). I was overjoyed to discover they were reinventing my favourite playsuit for S/S14 and I snapped it up as soon as it was available to buy.

A beautiful, delicate, feminine piece, the Maje 'Evening' lace playsuit is cut from 100% silk and features sheer lace inserts at the shoulders & hemline. It has a deep v-neck, concealed button fastenings to the front and an elasticated waist adds subtle definition to the relaxed cut. The big difference this season is the long sleeves with buttoned cuffs.

A playsuit is a particularly versatile piece and can be dressed up or down. I styled mine for a night out with a pair of 70s-esque heels from Reiss. A peep-toe, printed satin sandal, the 'Paula' shoe features a platform with notch detail wedge and a skinny ankle strap. I complimented the blue in the shoes with my much used blue leather clutch from Ally Capellino.

Get The Look:
Playsuit: Maje Evening Lace Playsuit (similar)
Shoes: Reiss 'Paula' Shoes (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment