About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 19 September 2014

Rainy Day, Dream Away










“Rainy day, rain all day
Ain't no use in gettin' uptight
Just let it groove its own way
Let it drain your worries away yeah
Lay back and groove on a rainy day hey
Lay back and dream on a rainy day”
Jimi Hendrix

A lovely friend told me about a cool new online store called Magic Jac. You'll love it she said. Gorgeous clothes she said. And so affordable she said. I was clicking my way onto the site before you could say 'shopaholic'.

Magic Jac, recently founded by Gee Kullar, features a host of products from up and coming Designers such as Lili London and Missi. Full of pretty dresses, cool tees, leggings and shoes, it is a cornucopia of cool, vintage inspired pieces.

My friend wasn't kidding when she said the prices were affordable; the first piece to catch my eye, a cute little top by Lili London, costs a bargainlicious £10!! The white heart top has a black collar that buttons to the back, a comfy elasticated waist with peplum detail, girly puff sleeves and an all over quirky heart design. It would look equally good paired with a black pencil skirt for the office, black tailored pants, one of this seasons very cool midi skirts or, if the weather picks up again, a great pair of denim shorts.

The first time I wore my pretty top, I paired it with my favourite skinny jeans. I had planned to wear cute red ballerina pumps (hence the red lips) but the heavens opened just as we were leaving the house and I ended up wearing my Jimmy Choo Hunter wellies instead. These wellies are the coolest wellies on the planet and can make even the rainiest of days seems so very magickal!

The only accessories I needed for a fun, wet, muddy walk by the river were my trusty satchel and a big ol' battered brolly.

Get The Look:
Shoes: Jimmy Choo Hunter Wellies (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment