About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 23 January 2015

Two Faced











"Teal, between blue and green,
is the line also between happiness and sadness,
the line that will define which colour is more appropriate, which emotion is real.
You may say that's being two faced,
you may say I cannot feel one way or another,
but that's a lie, every day I feel,
I will feel until I die because I am Teal"
~ Mr Commander

Teal is one of my favourite colours to wear; bordering the gap between blue and green, it is an uplifting, energetic, chic shade that adds a sophisticated, earthy vibe to any outfit. Native Americans believe the colour teal represents water and fertility, Tibetan Monks believe it represents the infinity of the sea & the sky and ancient Egyptians believed it was the colour of truth and faith.

This beautiful teal and black dress is from legendary Designer Phillip Lim's A/W14 collection and it is quite fabulous. Phillip Lim's 3.1 label is, in his own words, "about clothes that refine instead of define. A refinement that's a bit classic in attitude but imparts a sense of individual style without looking or feeling forced". 

Lim's designs are tailored for confident, chic women who know how to rock an effortless look and this cool dress sums up his aesthetic perfectly. It's actually two pieces; a slip dress underneath that is fitted at the bust, loose at the hip and a sleeveless top that creates a tiered overlay effect. The irregular hemline gives it a flirty, playful vibe. 

I styled my dress with the most amazing shoes on the planet, Marc by Marc Jacobs multi-strap patent leather shoes (a fantastic Christmas present from my lovely Husband!). I have so much love for these shoes. You will be seeing them a lot in upcoming blog posts. A lot!

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment