About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 13 March 2015

The Glade













"It is a glade not seen by us
If we do not know to look
To us it's just a darkened glade
Fed by a smallish brook
But, there inside the curtain
Is a world of childhood dreams
Where wishes are all granted
And tears help fill the streams"
~ Roger Turner

One of my favourite places in London is the beautiful restaurant Sketch London and one of my favourite rooms in Sketch is The Glade, an ethereal space that resembles a darkly enchanted fairytale woodland.

Artists Carolyn Quartermaine and Didier Mahieu, have created a découpage forest that is a beautiful fusion of something from the past and something completely modern. Their inspiration came from early Twentieth Century stationery; they printed their design onto hundreds of metres of paper, hand cut each piece, and découpaged it to the walls. In this magickal forest, delicate 1950s rattan furniture creates a beautifully dark, fairy-tale setting.

I wanted to wear something contemporary and dramatic that gave a little nod to the 1950s in such a special place so I turned to my favourite Designer, Ireland's Emma Manley.

The 'Abbie' patent leather skirt is girlie with a decidedly tough edge; it is midi length and the front panel sits flat, while the side and back panels are cut with a feminine flare giving it that unmistakable 50s shape.  The matching 'Elsie' sleeveless shirt features a dramatic collar in the same black patent leather. The delicate, floaty material of the bodice softens the whole look to great effect.

I finished my look off with a pair of much loved, much worn shoes by iconic shoe designer, Christian Louboutin.

Get the Look:
Location: Sketch London - The Glade 

No comments:

Post a Comment