About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 1 May 2015

Joining The Dots













"Those people make me calm, calm the flame,
Come up to the moth for a change.
Darling if it's all the same to you, I'll have you to myself,
I'm joining the dots, I'm joining the dots"
~ Arctic Monkeys

I've always been a bit partial to polka dots; big and bold or small and dainty, they are playful, feminine and cool. Over the years the polka dot has seeped into many aspects of our culture. We've seen Disney's Minnie Mouse wear her iconic red polka dot dress, we've sung along to Brian Hyland's hit song "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" and we've admired artist Damien Hirst's stunning, vertigo-inducing dot paintings.

Polka dots are set to be a huge trend for SS15 and this gorgeous, girly top from High Street favourite Karen Millen is a great way to embrace the trend. Featuring a colourful dot print on a pale pink background, it is made from a soft crinkle georgette material and has a high neckline and flowing back neck tie.

Styled with my go-to skinny jeans (ie. my only pair of skinny jeans!), classic nude heels and the best over-sized clutch bag in the world, there has never been a better time to join the dots.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment