About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Thursday 1 October 2015

I'm Wearing Your Dress













"I'm wearing your dress.
Found amongst the rails of second hand clothes,
bought for a second hand price.
I'm wondering who you were,
As I stroke the ancient fabric
With its tear-stained hem,
Alive with memories and a timeless charm.
Styles come and go but something beautiful remains,
Because I'm wearing your dress."
~ Fiona Ufton ©

Always late to the party, I am only just beginning to get into the idea of wearing vintage clothing. Given how much I love a 1970s look, this surprises everyone who knows me. Two things have always held me back though; 1. that second hand thing, and 2. there are just so many gorgeous 70s style clothes out there to buy brand spanking new.

I stumbled across Peekaboo, an online vintage boutique, completely by chance the other day (thank you Twitter!) and as I perused their very lovely range of clothing, I saw this absolutely adorable 1970s mini dress. Its ridiculously purse friendly price encouraged me to take a chance on a vintage purchase, so I ordered it. It arrived a couple of days later, beautifully packaged, and I am absolutely delighted with it. Quite besotted actually, it is lush!

A genuine vintage mini dress from the 1970s, it is brightly coloured in rich shades of reds, pinks and oranges. The all over pattern is one of olden day warriors battling on horse-back (I defy you to find anything like that on the High Street!). In a cute baby doll style with a deep v-neckline and long sleeves elasticated at the cuff, it is a one-off, completely unique dress that I am so happy to add to my increasingly eclectic wardrobe! I styled my pretty dress with another cool vintage piece (oh there's no stopping me now!), a gorgeous tan coloured, tooled finish 1970s shoulder bag. This was a great online find from Beyond Retro, the celebrity go-to vintage shop, and once again, the affordable price of such a beautiful bag was quite unbelievable.

Sticking with the 70s theme, I added a great pair of tan heels from Reiss; I bought these shoes many seasons ago, they are still going strong and they always add a cool, retro vibe to an outfit.

Get The Look:

1 comment:

  1. oh i love your dress,it is gorgeous and those heels are fab! You look amazing x

    ReplyDelete