About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 30 October 2015

Stripe It Lucky










"Prancing 'round the street, wind blowing on face.
Oh me golly gee, everything's dandy,
fancy that Venus.
Stripe me up, give me the twist,
I've got a taste of the 70's"
~ Tahirih Boodhoo

I recently dipped into the wonderful world of vintage for the very first time (see here), and it's fair to say that I absolutely loved it. And from the lovely feedback I've had from you guys (thank you!), you seemed to love it too! I've been sent so many lovely photographs of your vintage purchases, and you have inspired me to seek out more great retro clothes and accessories.

I found this lush, stripy 1970s dress online; Beyond Retro is a glorious cornucopia of the most amazing vintage treasures. It is now my go-to website for cool retro pieces. I can't wait to visit their store next time I'm in London!

In a very chic navy and white colour-way, my cute 1970s dress features diagonal stripes, contrasting panels, patchwork appliqué and a back zipper with hook and eye closure. As with all vintage, this dress has a story; it has obviously been much loved and very well looked after by God knows how many lucky girls over the past 30 or 40 years. This is a new chapter for it, and I am honoured to become part of its story.

Styled with very modern, high-shine, metallic flat shoes from ASOS, this is a cool way to bring a vintage dress bang up to date.

Get The Look:

2 comments:

  1. absolutely love your dress,it is gorgeous and you look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Hollie, so sweet of you to say! xx

    ReplyDelete