About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 16 October 2015

Yellow










"What is yellow?
The sun is yellow,
Caressing the morning with its soft glowing light.
Daffodils, the fever, a flickering candle flame
Glowing in the dark on a cold, listless night.
Sour lemons, melting butter, the stripy back of a bumble bee,
the hive full of sweet golden honey delight.
Sunflowers nodding their giant heads,
Bewildering the fields of tiny buttercups.
The dancing girl with the flaxen yellow hair,
O what a glorious sight!
Yellow."
~ Fiona Ufton ©

This outfit makes me happy; that's what yellow does, it is a bright, happy, uplifting colour. It reminds us of carefree, sunny Summer days which is quite perfect for this outfit as the Emma Manley collection it is from was inspired by "the freedom of summer as a sweet sixteen. The feelings, the memories, the smells and the spontaneity of it all".

The bright yellow 'Piper' skirt is midi length and made from cleverly placed panels of sheer silk chiffon and a less sheer viscose mix. The most sheer of the panels can show a sexy silhouette of leg. The matching 'Sian' top features the same clever panelling, with the soft, sheer chiffon draping over the chest and cap sleeves, and a heavier silk material falling from above the bust area to the the waist.

I styled my beautiful, sunshiny two-piece with a very cool pair of Christian Louboutin shoes; the Tiger print toughens up my otherwise ladylike look a lot. For a final touch, I added a scarlet clutch bag to match the colour of my bright red lipstick.

Get The Look:
Photos: Mike Lawrence ©

No comments:

Post a Comment