About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 5 February 2016

The Fabric On My Skin













"A thousand eyes are fixed on your glory.
The fabric on your skin narrates your story.
The metal on your hands is a tribute to friends and freaks,
And to those who analyse the colour on your cheeks.
The height on your feet are an excuse to ignore.
The gloss in your hair is consolation for your ache and sore.
You are sheltered in the aura of grace and class,
As you admire yourself in the looking glass"
~ Tokoni O. Uti

From my very first glance at Emma Manley's gorgeous AW15 Lookbook, this was one of the standout outfits for me. A chic, edgy two-piece that had my name written all over it.

The sleek pencil skirt is cut from the softest metallic leather. Two slits on the side add a touch of sexiness to its lady-like length. The matching top strikes the perfect balance between feminine and sporty. Front and back panels are cut from soft leather, and framed with textured silk.

The styling potential for these pieces is vast; imagine the top with a pair of skinny jeans, the skirt with a crisp white shirt or a cool, slouchy rock n roll tee. My favourite thing about this cool two-piece though, is the colour; described on the website as 'petrol', it falls somewhere between navy, dark blue and grey. A metallic sheen gives it a very glamorous feel, and makes it the perfect choice for any party.

I finished my look off with the most fabulous pair of Christian Louboutin studded boots. I bought these boots years ago, and they still cause such a stir whenever they make an appearance. The studs are the perfect match for this rock chick twin-set.

Get The Look:
Poem: Tokoni O. Uti ©

No comments:

Post a Comment