About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 8 September 2017

Queen Of The Underground











"I know you think you're the Queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the U.S. Mail
Say it with dead flowers in my wedding
And I won't forget to put roses on your grave"
~ The Rolling Stones

Anita Pallenberg was the undisputed, original rock chick; she was an actress, model, style icon, and muse to The Rolling Stones, indeed she played a crucial role in honing the iconic bands mystique. She was the baddest of the bad girls, the original Queen of the underground.

Fashion designer Bella Freud says of her late friend, “If I’m slightly lost about where I want to be with a collection, I think about her and there’s an immediate electricity which happens.”  She designed a t-shirt and a jumper (here) dedicated to Pallenberg, a beautiful gesture to acknowledge her influence. The very cool 'Anita' t-shirt is made from soft white cotton and features a round neckline, short sleeves, and a multi-coloured screen print to the front. It is the perfect tribute to the late, great Anita. I wear it with jeans, shorts, long skirts, short skirts, over dresses, under dresses; it is a fantastic piece, with endless styling potential.

I styled it here with a simple pair of flat shoes by Ops & Ops. Based on an original 1960s design, the retro inspired shoes add to the rock and roll vibe of the tshirt. The No. 10 flats are handmade in Portugal from the finest leather. Made to fit like a glove, they are unlined and mould to your foot with wear. They come in every colour you can imagine. The soft metallic shimmer of this bronze pair, was achieved by rubbing the coated leather. They subtly change colour depending on the light, making them neutral enough for day, and sassy enough for night.

A old pair of worn denim shorts and dramatic cats-eye sunnies complete my Anita inspired look to perfection.

Get The Look:
Shorts: Zara Denim Shorts (similar)
Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment